Friday, December 30, 2011

The Year in Review

December 31, 2011

I know it's not quite the end of the year yet, but I'm betting that I won't knock off a ton of new projects in the next 12 hours, so I think it's safe to summarize the year's projects! I'm actually excluding knitting projects, but since most of my knitting projects this past year have been socks, I'd mostly have to pry well-worn socks off folks's feet to show them off and that seems somehow less than appealing both to me and to you, my faithful reader!

This does not have the same visual appeal as some of the amazing displays out there in the blogosphere, but all in all, I'm fairly proud of my very steep learning curve this year, especially since I really only started sewing seriously this summer. I'm actually kind of floored that I was bold enough to tackle paper piecing AND a tablerunner AND my very first swap all at the same time! All this, and I only sewed the needle through my finger once! Ouch!

I'm not exactly the type for New Year's resolutions, but I do have some goals for the new year, some of which I'll throw out here:

1) Learning how to do curves!
2) Sharpening my FMQ'ing skills
3) Doing a full-sized quilt!
4) Finishing the Christmas tree skirt
5) Keep learning new things!

3 comments:

What are you thinking? I always welcome comments and suggestions! Thanks for stopping by Shortcookie!