Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Perils of Sewing

Don't worry! This is not a post where I show you gory photos of rotary cut or sewing machine needle injuries! I decided to go big on my sewing-related injury:


Yup, that's right, I took out my ankle while simply walking across the hall from the bathroom to the sewing room. I sprained my ankle, and ended up rupturing a tendon. Big woops!

When I went to the doctor I was expecting to get an ace bandage, not a monster boot that I'd be stuck with for 3 months!

I appreciate April's suggestion that I go as a storm trooper from Star Wars for Halloween:



For those that might actually want to talk about sewing and not the state of my health, check out what I think will be my next project. It's a fabulous Hummingbird quilt pattern from the always great Red Pepper Quilts. Check out her site: she's offering a free pattern and a giveaway for EQ7!

4 comments:

  1. Shoot! Who knew sewing could be so dangerous! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! That does not sound fun at all. Hope your tendon heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mischelle and Lynn! Happily it looks worse than it feels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! that is the perfect picture!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? I always welcome comments and suggestions! Thanks for stopping by Shortcookie!