Saturday, October 5, 2013

Heading North . . .

I'm so impressed by Quilt Smart! I've spent the past hour working on my mini mariner's compass, and I'm 1/4 the way through:


It was so so easy! A little tedious in terms of cutting out the fabric in preparation for the sewing, and a bit of a walkabout—sew, go to ironing board in one room to press the seam, go to cutting board in another room to trim the fabric, repeat. I know, I know, it would make more sense to have all those things in the same room, but I haven't yet figured out a way to make that all happen! The sewing room is still in progress and it sadly won't fit my large cutting board (which is currently dominating the dining room table).

Six more pie slices and I'll have a full compass!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe :) Just think! You're much healthier doing the walkabout style of sewing. ;D (Actually, I do that by design - with my Lupus stuff my feet have the worst circulation and need frequent stimulation every day)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? I always welcome comments and suggestions! Thanks for stopping by Shortcookie!