Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Ta dah! And yes, clearly still more to do! What a battle I had all day with my tension! I think I must have ripped out twice as many stitches as I ended up quilting, but I think it's finally coming together. I was originally going to get all complicated (I know, shocking, for anyone who knows me), and do a fancy double hourglass design from Cluck Cluck Sew, but I quickly realized that my ambitions overreached my capacity. I was able to get a couple of the hourglasses done to my satisfaction, but I messed up on the cutting, so I could only get a few done. I therefore decided to just stick with the fabric I liked, but to keep with a simpler pattern that I could complete more successfully. I'm doing this for a foster child for Purple Panda's Stockings for Kids, so I definitely want the finished product to be something special! Now back to the salt mines to tackle all those thread ends, the binding top, and then sew the two quilted halves together! Hopefully I can eke out a little more time to make a few more stockings!

And now back to the sewing machine to get cranking on the tablerunner! I was out of the gates early on the tablerunner, but fell behind while trying to track down the natural linen. With most of the swappers now nearing the finish line with their tablerunners, I'm feeling the fire at my feet, especially given the quilting that lies ahead! I wanted to get the stocking taken care of so that I could get back to the tablerunner, so that's what I'm turning back to tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Your stockings are so cute! I love turquoise at Christmas :) Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? I always welcome comments and suggestions! Thanks for stopping by Shortcookie!