Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tablerunner progress

October 19

Short post today. Definitely using sewing therapeutically today. My mother used to (affectionately) call me Madame Defarge when I'd knit, referring to the woman in "A Tale of Two Cities" who was knitting the names and fates of men and women of the French Revolution into her knitting. Not sure my work is quite that intense, but I think all my frustrations with various people (they who shall not be named!) were going into my paper piecing on my house for my tablerunner swap. I love the colors and placements, but I'm still struggling with the stitching, so I have a lot of cleanup. But here's how it's looking so far:



Thought I'd like the border stitching, but it just looks messy, so I'm going to undo it and start again. I never do start simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking? I always welcome comments and suggestions! Thanks for stopping by Shortcookie!