Friday, October 19, 2012

Ironing out the wrinkles . . .

Hi again! I had the most amazing idea: since I have a blog, I might actually blog regularly! Really! Total epiphany, right? As I'm sure y'all can appreciate, the challenge for me of blogging is not so much finding the time to blog, but finding something to blog about. Because really, my life is just not that exciting!!

So, in keeping with the "gearing up for the retreat" theme, I finally tackled a project that I've had in mind for months: a traveling ironing pad! April has the most amazing one that I totally coveted, and it inspired me to try my hand at it. I've been loving the paper piecing that I've done for my sewing machine cover and sewing machine "placemat," so I came up with a design for a paper pieced iron.


I was surprised at how simple this design turned out to be--really simple angles! It took me about an hour, start to finish! I'll post a tutorial for the iron tomorrow.

And here's the back:



I know, it's pretty exciting, eh? But oh so functional! I'm so happy to have knocked this off my "to do" list in time for the retreat next month.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE! Happy ironing. I don't even own anything I could iron, but if I did, I would want this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute!!! You must share that pattern with me!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I've posted a pattern for this, although I think I still have to work out some technical kinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such and idea for me right now, remodeling my sewing room, linking up to Canoe Rodge Creations

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? I always welcome comments and suggestions! Thanks for stopping by Shortcookie!